Technical communicators are working at versatile occupational fields. To keep pace with diversification of instructional information, JTCA is currently trying to re-schematize TC skills and related technology.
People joining JTCA are as versatile as the range of instructional information itself. The followings are some examples of JTCA members' job descriptions.
- directors who plan and control production of information
- technical writers who creates easy-to-read texts
- technical illustrators who draw illustrations and charts
- localization professionals who deal with information for foreign market
- designers who help better visual presentation of information
- engineers who deal with usability design and development
- researchers and educators in the field of cognitive science, psychology and design